In the recent two years, NARI Cares has provided over $50,000 worth of remodeling services to those in need!
NARI Cares is committed to assisting Minnesota homeowners and organizations in need by performing affordable repairs or remodeling projects that will help improve the lives of those less fortunate.
- Seek out and identify potential NARI Cares projects and identify the need.
- Seek out and identify NARI Minnesota member companies for participation in NARI Cares projects.
- Facilitate the selection of a Project Contractor for each NARI Cares project and assist them with soliciting labor, material and monetary donations.
- Assist NARI Cares Project Contractors with the organization and execution of NARI Cares projects.
- Promote the good work NARI Minnesota members are doing in an effort to increase NARI Care’s overall impact on our community.
- NARI Cares at the Golden Valley Humane Society. The dog runs at the Humane Society needed attention. In less than one day the NARI Family went out and replaced the dog runs with small stones that are easily cleaned and maintained, and comfortable for the dogs pads.
- 2017 NARI Cares Day: In conjunction with member Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity, the NARI Family worked on a house in Blaine that is being constructed for a family of five. The project received notice from local media.
- NARI Cares Day in conjunction with Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity - exterior work on a South Minneapolis Home. Painted the exterior.
- Olivia's Playhouse Project: Created a unique backyard playhouse for a young named girl with Leukemia. NARI Cares worked in conjunction with the Make-a-Wish Foundation.
- Kaitlyn's Playhouse Project: Created a 12X12 "She-Shed" for Kaitlyn, who also has Leukemia. Also worked in conjunction with the Make-a-Wish Foundation.
- Oliver Project: Created an outdoor space complete with a pergola for a young boy in Big Lake, MN. NARI Cares along with MN Fine Homes, Shaw/Stewart Lumber Co., and J. Becher Associates worked on this project along with Make-a-Wish Foundation of MN.
2019 Board Members
Kevin Kalal, Chair, Abdo, Eick & Meyers, LLP (email@example.com)
Ed Roskowinski, CR, Vujovich Design Build, Inc.
Robin Henrichsen, Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity
Tricia Wiitanen, Refined Homes
Greg Feda, Hirshfield's
Jennifer McAlpin, McAlpin Marketing
The NARI Cares Board holds meetings as determined throughout the year by consensus of the chair and members.
Please contact the Board chair if you are interested in volunteering for the NARI Cares Board.