Member BenefitsNARI membership increases your visibility to the consumer, your networking opportunities within the community, and your ability to continue your professional education.
NARI is the largest national network of remodeling professionals and the only trade association dedicated exclusively to the remodeling industry. A respected industry authority with chapters throughout the country, NARI unites professionals in an organization that:
- Attracts the industry’s finest, bringing together the best in their fields to help others grow their business and stay current with industry trends. Members learn new ideas from like-minded professionals who challenge them to be better.
- Promotes a higher standard within the industry by the adherence to a Code of Ethics. This reinforces the marketing message that NARI members are companies with a reputation homeowners can trust.
- Facilitates valuable education opportunities, helping members stay current with industry trends and techniques. All members have access to NARI’s education and are encouraged to utilize our industry resources that feature new products, processes, and techniques. Examples include seminars, NARI certifications, keynote speakers, peer discussion groups, expositions, and state licensure events.
- Offers a variety of monthly opportunities to network and forge relationships with industry trade partners, expanding both individuals and their companies.
- Provides members with opportunities for recognition and publicity, such as the prestigious Contractor of the Year (COTY) remodeling awards, locally and nationally. NARI also has an aggressive marketing campaign including print, radio and television, creating brand awareness for the association and its members.
The NARI AdvantageHundreds of local NARI of Minnesota companies share the elite standards and community-oriented values of NARI. Only they are entitled to display the NARI logo. Homeowners can choose these affiliated professional remodeling contractors, designers and architects, design-build firms, specialty contractors, suppliers and manufacturers, lending institutions, utility companies and subcontractors with confidence as resources for valuable information and quality workmanship.
- Part of a national association of superior professionals. With chapters throughout the country, NARI is the largest national network of remodeling professionals and is respected as an industry influence. NARI MN uses this leadership status to effect positive industry changes and provide its members and consumers with unbeatable service.
- Certifies only the best in the business. Only serious professionals with a desire to excel in the industry are eligible to participate in NARI’s rigorous certification program, which teaches and tests skill sets, safety issues and ethical business practices. When NARI certification designation appears in connection with a particular remodeler, it indicates that the affiliated individual or company has taken the extra time and energy to meet performance and business criteria that exceed industry standards.
- Knowledgeable, continually informed, and re-educated. Our members have access to information that helps them be the best performers in their fields.
- The NARI Achievement in Customer Service Award (ACE) is an achievement earned by providing great service to consumers and represents the attainment of a standard of excellence in quality, responsiveness, meeting deadlines, professionalism, and communicate. All members who provide products or services to consumers are eligible. Member company size, project size, or dollar amount does not matter. Member companies of all types and sizes can be recognized as ACE Award recipients based on consumer evaluations of their work. For more information see our NARI ACE Survey.
The education curriculum offered by NARI MN is a program of educational opportunities for building professionals. Program content is continually evaluated and updated with the goal of presenting the most appropriate and up-to-date information on the fast changing field of remodeling. Major components of the program are listed below. Contact the NARI office to discover more about these great opportunities.
Professional Development Seminars
To help develop professional skills, six seminars will be offered each year to NARI members. A variety of relevant topics are selected to meet the diverse needs of the membership. These seminars are free and only members of NARI of MN may attend. View our events page to see the latest offering.
Monthly Meetings offer a myriad of topics to assist membership in keeping abreast of leading issues in the industry. Topics include green issues, sales and marketing, business and personal development, field updates, and a variety of other industry related topics. Monthly Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month, 10 months out of the year.
Serious professionals with several years of experience in the remodeling industry and a desire to excel are eligible to participate in NARI’s rigorous certification program, which teaches and tests skill sets, safety issues, and ethical business practices. Remodeling professionals with NARI certification can ensure homeowners they have access to the latest industry information including awareness of products, materials, and techniques. When a potential client learns you’ve been certified, they’ll be able to understand you’ve taken the time to meet performance and business criteria that surpass industry standards.
Each autumn NARI MN offers facilitated study sessions for Certified Remodeler (CR), Certified Kitchen & Bath Remodeler (CKBR), and Certified Lead Carpenter (CLC). Study sessions are led by peer facilitators and allow participants to learn in a cooperative, supportive environment. Study sessions meet once a week for approximately 12 weeks. If the study sessions do not fit with your schedule, you are welcome to self-study and start at any time. Certifications are a national program, administered locally. Visit the Member Login area for application information.
All NARI MN certified professionals have:
- Five continuous years in the remodeling industry.
- Demonstrated adherence in personal practice to NARI’s Code of Ethics.
- Satisfactorily completed a comprehensive written examination testing remodeling firm operation procedures.
- Complied with all requests for documentation of experience and competence.
- Displayed the knowledge and ability required to perform the remodeling functions of the applicable certification class